Discipline Lead Engineer with experience within piping design and layout projects
We invite you to bring your expert knowledge within piping design and layout as well as your excellent collaboration skills into play as you motivate your discipline project team to work towards a common sustainable goal. To succeed in this role, you must have min. 10 years of experience in piping design within Oil and Gas offshore or similar industries and be able to set clear objectives, identify and organise resources and have a high client centric focus. Are you our new Discipline Lead Engineer with experience within piping design and layout projects? Click the apply-button to send your application.
Inviting bright minds
Do you want to push the boundaries of your profession and develop your excellence in an open, collaborative and empowering culture? We work to create a sustainable future and our inspiring projects and innovative solutions strive to set the standard among our peers. You will join a global company that has been growing successfully since its founding in 1945. Together, we lead and leave an positive impact on societies, companies and people around the world.
You will join our Piping & Mechanical department
As our new Discipline Lead Engineer, you will be part of the Piping & Mechanical department in Esbjerg, which is a highly experienced and successful key player within the Energy industry, covering all aspects of the client’s value chain. Our experts within special systems are among the leading specialists in the world. We are close to 30 dedicated colleagues who work with mechanical equipment such as pumps, compressors, turbines and pipe systems. Furthermore, we cover all aspects of piping engineering including cost estimation, concept and feasibility studies, detailed and follow-on engineering.
Your key tasks and responsibilities will be:
- Act as piping & layout discipline lead on medium and larger projects leading a project team across countries
- Work closely with the assigned Project Manager ensuring that quality and deadlines are met
- Interact with clients and stakeholders on technical solutions in order to ensure the best solution for the client
- Coordinate with other disciplines to ensure an optimal and effective execution and quality
- Control the economy of the discipline by following up on discipline progress and time consumption
- Handle risks and opportunities
- Ensure that department execution workflows and design tools are updated and maintained
Your starting point for constant growth
From the moment you join Ramboll, we will support your personal and professional development so that you grow with the company. For this role, we believe your starting point is:
- BA, Master or PhD within Mechanical Engineering
- Min. 10 years of experience in piping design within Oil and Gas offshore or similar industries
- Specialty in design and layout - both new designs and modifications
- Experience with multidisciplinary projects
- A couple of years of experience as a Lead where you have delivered projects on time, with high quality within budget
- Are familiar with 3D design tools – and preferably have previous hands-on experience
- Have strong oral and written skills in English and it is beneficial if you also can speak Danish
- Be able to obtain and maintain offshore certification for working offshore
Personal qualities that will help you succeed in this role include: excellent collaboration skills, a positive outlook and a flair for delegating to motivate your discipline project team to work towards a common goal. Moreover, you must be able to set clear objectives, identify and organise resources and focus on clients’ needs by delivering projects on time, with high quality and within budget.
Welcome to our Energy division
Ramboll is at the forefront of addressing the green transition and offers a holistic approach to energy that supports the sector on the journey towards more sustainable solutions. With 1,500 bright minds across 46 offices in 14 countries covering the full spectrum of technologies and all parts of the value chain from production through transmission and distribution, we plan, design and implement energy solutions all over the world.
Ramboll in Denmark
Ramboll is the leading engineering, design and consultancy company in Denmark and has more than 3,500 experts working across 13 offices applying their passion to deliver innovative solutions in markets as diverse as Buildings, Transport, Planning & Urban Design, Water, Environment & Health, Energy and Management Consulting. We invite you to contribute to a sustainable future working in an open, collaborative and empowering culture.
How to apply
Apply online. Attach your CV, cover letter and relevant documents showcasing why you are the right fit for the role, and when you are available to start. We look forward to receiving your application.