Lead Software/.NET Developer, Bridges team
We invite you to bring your experience in API development and leadership into play as you manage and lead the development function for our teams ever expanding requirements. To succeed in this role you must have experience with developing in .NET, and be a confident leader as you will be managing a diverse team of software developers. Are you our new Lead Developer? Click the apply-button to send your application.
Inviting bright minds
Do you want to push the boundaries of your profession and develop your excellence in an open, collaborative and empowering culture? We work to create a sustainable future and our inspiring projects and innovative solutions aim to set the standard among our peers. You will join a global company that has been growing successfully since its founding in 1945. Together, we lead and leave a positive impact on societies, companies and people around the world.
You will join our Transport department
As our new Lead Developer you will be part of the Bridges team in Southampton. Our Southampton office is located on the fringes of the New Forest, offering a tranquil working environment, despite being only a short drive from Southampton City centre. Ramboll operates a flexible working policy, and with this you will be part of an exciting team of experts, who respect each other and work towards a common goal.
Your key tasks and responsibilities will be:
- Managing a team of developers to effectively create, optimise and maintain automated systems and processes.
- Create programming functions primarily using .NET for various instances.
- Contribute to the development of innovative solutions and more efficient ways of working
- Promote the Ramboll brand and undertake business development
- Plan, and undertake technical work on projects
- Liaising with various parties on the potential of automation, as well as a point of contact for discussing the potential of automation on a project by project basis.
- Lead an innovative thinking process and encourage it in others.
- Report information to the HOD and manage finances accordingly.
- Guide, instruct, motivate and manage assigned staff on projects.
Your starting point for constant growth
From the moment you join Ramboll, we will support your personal and professional development so that you grow with the company. For this role, we believe your starting point is:
- Strong experience in .NET (C#)
- MVC 3 or above
- Experience with SQL Server and Cloud services
- API Development – Preferably Autodesk related products
- Experience in the Civil/Mechanical/Aeronautical or equivalent Engineering sector is preferable
- All programming experience will be considered and incorporated into this ever changing field
Personal qualities that will help you succeed in this role include:
Will have excellent communication skills, as well as being able to plan, organise and prioritise workload. Ability to interact well with team members as well as being able to act on own initiative.
Welcome to our Transport division
Ramboll’s 3,000 transport specialists work together with authorities, private contractors and cities to develop holistic mobility solutions. From Aviation to Bridges and Tunnels to Rail, we aim to ensure that people and goods can move in the most effective and sustainable way possible. Our increasing focus on Smart Mobility approaches the challenge of mobility by integrating urban planning with all modes of transport and digitalisation.
Ramboll in the United Kingdom
Ramboll is ranked a Top 10 consultant in the UK and has 1,500 bright minds working across 17 offices to apply their passion to deliver innovative solutions across Buildings, Transport, Environment & Health and Energy. We love seeing our talents develop and succeed and you will have opportunities to work on challenging and inspiring projects within an environment that is friendly, open and supportive.
Please ensure when applying that you have eligibility to work in the UK
How to apply
Apply online. Attach your CV, cover letter and relevant documents showcasing why you are the right fit for the role, and when you are available to start. We look forward to receiving your application.