We invite you to bring your protected species licence(s) into play as you will be Managing, coordinating and undertaking ecological surveys for a range of species. To succeed in this role you must have Appropriate BSc or equivalent qualification. Are you our new Senior Ecologist? Click the apply-button to send your application.
Inviting bright minds
Do you want to push the boundaries of your profession and develop your excellence in an open, collaborative and empowering culture? We work to create a sustainable future and our inspiring projects and innovative solutions aim to set the standard among our peers. You will join a global company that has been growing successfully since its founding in 1945. Together, we lead and leave a positive impact on societies, companies and people around the world.
You will join our Environment department
As our new Senior Ecologist you will be part of our Environment and Health division, working on a variety of infrastructure and commercial projects. Project work will be varied, covering a broad range of ecology services. The roles will involve the provision of ecological surveys and reporting, ecological mitigation design and any other related tasks. This is a great opportunity to join a dynamic and expanding team delivering on key projects and to further develop a variety of skills and build a successful career within the environmental consultancy sector.
Your key tasks and responsibilities will be:
- Managing, coordinating and undertaking ecological surveys for a range of species (while supporting and mentoring more junior staff members).
- Producing high quality reports.
- Undertaking ecological mitigation design and delivery services ideally for protected species.
- Liaising with ecological regulators and planning authorities.
- Liaising with clients, partner organisations and sub-consultants concerning all areas relevant to our projects.
- Delivering complex projects on time and to budget.
- Input into costed service proposals for ecology work.
- Carrying out such additional duties as may reasonably be required.
Your starting point for constant growth
From the moment you join Ramboll, we will support your personal and professional development so that you grow with the company. For this role, we believe your starting point is:
- Member of Chartered Institute of Ecology and Environmental Management.
- Protected species licence(s) would be advantageous.
- Appropriate BSc or equivalent qualification.
- MSc in a relevant environmental discipline (desirable but not essential).
- Full clean UK driving licence.
- Proficient user of MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook (and ideally ArcGIS).
- Experience of field work and survey techniques.
- Highly organised and able to prioritise own and others workload.
- Demonstrate attention to detail and a high level of accuracy.
- Interest in the sustainability agenda and environmental developments in the industry.
Personal qualities that will help you succeed in this role include: Self-motivated, reliable and dedicated individual; capable of working independently and effectively with in team, ability to use initiative and think innovatively; capable of producing clear and concise written documents; ability to communicate effectively in written and spoken English.
Welcome to our Environment & Health division
Ramboll develops innovative, scientifically sound solutions that help increase liveability by reducing pollution and restoring natural environments. One of the world’s leading environmental and health consultancies, our bright minds are trusted by clients to manage their most challenging environmental, health and social issues.
Ramboll in the United Kingdom
Ramboll is ranked a Top 10 consultant in the UK and has 1,300 bright minds working across 17 offices to apply their passion to deliver innovative solutions across Buildings, Transport, Environment & Health and Energy. We love seeing our talents develop and succeed and you will have opportunities to work on challenging and inspiring projects within an environment that is friendly, open and supportive.
How to apply
Apply online. Attach your CV, cover letter and relevant documents showcasing why you are the right fit for the role, and when you are available to start. We look forward to receiving your application.