Design Director (f/m)
Are you interested in working on world class landscape architecture projects with international teams? You are creative and enjoy using art to enhance people’s experiences in landscape architecture? Do you find sharing knowledge important and satisfying?
If you want to work for a unique organisation, and are motivated by the opportunity to make an impact through your work, then this role is for you.
We are currently seeking an experienced Design Director (f/m) to join our team in Beijing.
About Ramboll Studio Dreiseitl
At Ramboll Studio Dreiseitl we believe that a vibrant public realm is at the heart of liveable cities. It creates communities, brings people in touch with nature and is a source of learning, pleasure, health and wellness.
Our well-tried approach puts collaboration, hands-on public participation and cross-agency coordination as the first step in arriving at innovative solutions that generate civic pride.
Whether visible or invisible, water plays an essential role in the vitality of urban life. We solve multiple urban challenges by creating desirable green spaces often in marginal land while at the same time solving storm water flooding problems, improving water quality and thereby creating harmonious blue-green solutions, increasing also the resilience of urban areas.
We are grounded visionaries; we do not just conceptualise solutions, we take them from visioning through detailed design to the management of construction and project commissioning. We combine cutting-edge skills in landscape architecture, urban design, urban hydrology, civil engineering and ecology to create special and unique public spaces in which water management infrastructure is an aesthetic part of the amenity. Technology becomes transparent, a beautiful designed feature where landscape and water are fully integrated to create highly desirable living experiences.
Our passion and philosophy is founded on our European heritage, honed on projects all over the world and delivered by our multicultural teams in Germany, Singapore, China, the Nordic countries and the Middle East.
Our offer to you
- Varied and challenging tasks from with a high level of autonomy
- An international working environment with flat hierarchies, a motivated team and a pleasant working climate
- A company that is focused on knowledge sharing and collaboration across competence areas and geography
- A transparent corporate culture shaped by Scandinavian values
- The opportunity to bring in your individual skills and to help shape innovation
- Versatile development opportunities in a dynamic and growing company
Your role and responsibilities:
As part of our international team of landscape architects, you will be responsible for the bringing our visions to reality through your expert design skills. At Ramboll Studio Dreiseitl we aim to integrate natural systems in cities by synergizing infrastructure and we inspire through our passion in innovation and design.
You are a skilled team player who leads and motivates your team members to deliver through an open, positive and empathetic leadership style. You thrive in a multicultural environment and use your strong social skills to build lasting relationships with both clients and colleagues across the organisation. Among others, your tasks will include:
- Develop and execute the design of projects as well as serve as a design expert to the team and clients
- Lead a design team on medium-scaled to large-scaled, challenging and complex projects
- Develop the design teams through knowledge sharing and professional feedback
- Maintain a strong client focus and ensure the project team’s delivery
- Presentation of projects to clients
- Independently evaluate, select and apply standard landscape architecture techniques, procedures and criteria, using own judgement in making adaptations and modifications on projects
Carry the responsibility for the quality of the projects
Required qualifications, skills and knowledge:
- An education as a landscape architect, architect, urban planner or engineer (with relevant urban planning experience)
- 10 years of experience as a landscape team leader, lead designer or project manager
- You have innovative leadership skills and have proven these in the past in a leadership position
- Experience in working in a corporate or international organisation with overseas exposure is an advantage
- Commercial understanding of products and services is an advantage
- Strong English language skills (written and verbal), along with strong communication skills
We look forward to receiving your application with information to your earliest possible starting date and your salary expectation via email to the hands of Mrs. Cathy Lv at firstname.lastname@example.org.
As this position is assigned to an international department, we kindly ask you to submit your letter of motivation and CV in English.
Arbeidssted Beijing (inactive)