Ramboll are looking for a Financial Accountant to join our new Finance and Accounting team in Birmingham. As part of our new Ramboll Support Organisation project, you will be reporting to the UK Head of Finance and Accounting. The job will be based in Birmingham, although travel to London, Southampton (monthly) and occasionally to Denmark will be expected of the successful candidate. The role will involve management of 1 to 2 members of staff working with R2R colleagues in the Ramboll Service Centre (RSC) in India.
- Preparation of trading, holding and overseas company statutory accounts for various entities using automated software
- Planning and key point of day to day contact for interim and year-end audits for UK companies and UK registered overseas branches.
- Year-end Cognos controller reporting.
- Managing month end reporting process for Finance and Accounting making sure all journal posted either directly or via the RSC.
- Ensuring all deliverables are given to RSC to meet month end deadlines (e.g. fixed asset capitalisation, prepayments, accruals).
- Being point of contact for RSC R2R activities.
- Approving RSC & LSC journals
- Reviewing monthly reconciliation of local balance sheets for all entities.
- Review of RSC reconciliations
- Producing analytical review of all balance sheets on a quarterly basis
- Intercompany balance reconciliation working with colleagues in Denmark.
- Prelim reporting at month-end
- Production of quarterly VAT returns.
- Review and reconciliation of all overseas taxes
- Corporation tax preparation
- Review and submission of all ONS returns
- Production of annual PSA return
- Ensuring payroll posted to deadline.
- Ensuring monthly payroll variance analysis reports (actual vs budget/forecast) to provide to Business Finance team.
- Monthly payroll related Balance Sheet reconciliations (Net Pay, Pensions, Flexible Benefits, Salary Advances, Season Ticket loans).
- Ensuring payroll related accruals posted.
- Working with payroll function to ensure P11d compliance.
- Management of 1 to 2 members of staff
- FX clearance postings at month-end
- Management fee accrual
- Produce weekly and monthly cash flow reporting
- Supporting the Head of Finance and Accounting as required
Required Skills and Experience:
- Qualified accountant ideally with experience in practice
- Experience of managing and motivating others
- Experience of producing statutory accounts
- Experience of audit
- Experience of tax (Corporate, VAT)
- Strong control background and understanding of reconciliations as a key control.
- Experience of continuous control improvement
- Ability provide meaningful management information.
- Able to work independently and as part of a UK wide and global team
- Strong excel skills
- Strong ERP skills (the ERP is co. specific so no specific experience required) but experience of a major ERP is desirable.
- Self-starter, able to problem solve and find solutions
- Work with a professional attitude and take responsibility for development of reporting processes
- Able to work under pressure to tight deadlines
What we offer
- Competitive salary and benefits package including 25 days holidays, private medical insurance, life assurance and group income protection. In addition, we offer a comprehensive flexible benefits package including childcare vouchers, gym membership, dental insurance, cycle to work scheme, travel insurance, discounts in a vast range of restaurants and shops and many more!
- Flexible working
- Excellent career growth and development opportunities
- Be part of a dynamic, expanding team within the UK
- A vibrant and inspiring culture, based on innovation and flexibility
You must have eligibility to work in the UK.
Ramboll is an equal opportunity employer.