Assistant Financial Accountant
Ramboll are looking for an Assistant Financial Accountant to join our new Finance and Accounting team. As part of our new Ramboll Support Organisation project, you will be reporting to the UK Financial Accountant. The job will be based in Birmingham, although travel to London, Southampton (occasionally) and possibly to Denmark will be expected of the successful candidate. The role will involve working with R2R colleagues in the Ramboll Service Centre (RSC) in India.
- Supporting the financial accountant in the preparation of trading, holding and overseas company statutory accounts, producing analysis for statutory notes
- Working with the external auditors on the interim and year-end audits for UK companies.
- Providing analysis for the statutory accounts of the UK registered overseas branches.
- Supporting Cognos controller reporting.
- Reviewing GL accounts to provide journal requests to RSC.
- Raising journals locally as required to deadline
- Ensuring non-project invoice requests are raised correctly by the RSC.
- Monthly reconciliation of designated local balance sheets for all entities for review
- Back up for Prelim reporting at month-end
- Supporting production of VAT returns.
- Providing analysis for Corporation tax
- Completion of all ONS returns
- Providing analysis for annual PSA return
- Posting monthly payroll posted to deadline.
- Producing monthly payroll variance analysis reports (actual vs budget/forecast) to provide to Business Finance team.
- Posting payroll related accruals posted.
- Supporting weekly and monthly cash flow reporting
- Supporting the Financial Accountant as required
Required Skills and Experience:
- Part Qualified accountant (ACCA)
- Some experience of statutory accounts production
- Some experience of audit processes
- Balance Sheet reconciliation experience
- Able to as part of a UK wide and global team
- Strong excel skills
- Strong ERP skills (the ERP is co. specific so no specific experience required) but experience of a major ERP is desirable
- Self-starter, able to problem solve and find solutions
- Professional attitude
- Able to work under pressure to tight deadlines
What we offer
- Competitive salary and benefits package including 25 days holidays, private medical insurance, life assurance and group income protection. In addition, we offer a comprehensive flexible benefits package including childcare vouchers, gym membership, dental insurance, cycle to work scheme, travel insurance, discounts in a vast range of restaurants and shops and many more!
- Flexible working
- Excellent career growth and development opportunities
- Be part of a dynamic, expanding team within the UK
- A vibrant and inspiring culture, based on innovation and flexibility
You must have eligibility to work in the UK.
Ramboll is an equal opportunity employer.