Surveyor, Bridges team
We invite you to bring your interest in Surveying into play as you take part in using the latest technology to provide accurate Surveying data on a wide variety of projects. To succeed in this role you must have a HNC qualification, with a clear understanding of IT applications. Are you our new Surveyor? Click the apply-button to send your application.
Inviting bright minds
Do you want to push the boundaries of your profession and develop your excellence in an open, collaborative and empowering culture? We work to create a sustainable future and our inspiring projects and innovative solutions aim to set the standard among our peers. You will join a global company that has been growing successfully since its founding in 1945. Together, we lead and leave a positive impact on societies, companies and people around the world.
You will join our Transport department
As our new Surveyor you will be part of the Bridges team in Southampton. Our Southampton office is located on the fringes of the New Forest, offering a tranquil working environment, despite being only a short drive from Southampton City centre. Ramboll operates a flexible working policy, and with this you will be part of an exciting team of experts, who respect each other and work towards a common goal.
Your key tasks and responsibilities will be:
- You will be supporting the delivery of major projects or a range of smaller ones requiring specialist input, and providing the day-to-day client interface, conducting site visits for technical assessment or problem-solving
- You will also be contributing to the delivery of innovative solutions for clients, and ensuring that costs are managed and controlled to ensure the achievement of project profitability
- You will have the chance to pro-actively identify business development opportunities with existing and new clients and escalate for action
- Deliver potentially complex tasks and projects within prescribed Timescales
- Due to the type of work involved the applicant must be willing and able to work away from home, for the duration of the survey whether this is in the UK or overseas
Your starting point for constant growth
From the moment you join Ramboll, we will support your personal and professional development so that you grow with the company. For this role, we believe your starting point is:
- HNC, with good knowledge of AutoCad
- Self-motivated with good time-management skills and the ability to use your initiative and ability to work to deadlines and under pressure
- Ability to solve problems effectively and in a timely manner whilst on site
- Experience in the use of a range of surveying equipment, techniques and data processing is preferred, but not essential
- A good understanding of 3D geometry modelling would be advantageous
- You must have a full clean UK driving licence
Personal qualities that will help you succeed in this role include:
Strong communication skills, both oral and written. Leadership qualities with the ability to demonstrate the technical competence, self-reliance and motivation necessary when dealing with clients and public, or in resolving problems that arise.
Welcome to our Transport division
Ramboll’s 3,000 transport specialists work together with authorities, private contractors and cities to develop holistic mobility solutions. From Aviation to Bridges and Tunnels to Rail, we aim to ensure that people and goods can move in the most effective and sustainable way possible. Our increasing focus on Smart Mobility approaches the challenge of mobility by integrating urban planning with all modes of transport and digitalisation.
Ramboll in the United Kingdom
Ramboll is ranked a Top 10 consultant in the UK and has 1,500 bright minds working across 17 offices to apply their passion to deliver innovative solutions across Buildings, Transport, Environment & Health and Energy. We love seeing our talents develop and succeed and you will have opportunities to work on challenging and inspiring projects within an environment that is friendly, open and supportive.
Please ensure when applying that you have eligibility to work in the UK
How to apply
Apply online. Attach your CV, cover letter and relevant documents showcasing why you are the right fit for the role, and when you are available to start. We look forward to receiving your application.