Technician, Marine team
Ramboll are looking to hire a Technician to join their busy team in Edinburgh. Ramboll have an internationally respected Marine(ports, harbours, coastal and energy) team who operate widely in the UK, and beyond. With our UK maritime centre of excellence based in Southampton and Edinburgh we undertake national and international port and marine projects.
Due to continuing growth in Scotland and northern England we are seeking to recruit an experienced Civil Engineering Technician to support the Scottish Marine Team, and on occasions the Southampton based team including working on international projects. Candidates should ideally have a minimum of 3 to 5 years experience as a technician in a similar construction based working environment.
You’ll be joining a large combined team of committed and self-driven professionals in a company with ambitious growth plans which is at the forefront of engineering excellence and that is responsible for some of the most interesting maritime projects in the UK and overseas. We offer an excellent benefits package and competitive salary along with great training and development opportunities.
The UK Government BIM mandate is an exciting catalyst for change disrupting design processes. This has opened our industry to specialist expertise from alternative fields such as product design and computer sciences. Below we have provided some guidance on suitable experience however we take an holistic approach to candidates assessing how an individual would benefit the team.
- Professional experience in the preparation of civil engineering drawings
- Professional experience from a multi-disciplinary environment, working on design and build, and early contractor involvement contracts
- Professional experience in operating the latest versions of AutoCad including the use of reinforcement detailing packages
- Professional experience in the use of parametric 3d modelling applications
- Professional experience in writing code using c# or other languages
- Professional experience in Information Management Systems
- Supporting the technical needs of the Marine Director and wider Marine Team
- Preparing computer models and engineering drawings
- Preparing technical supporting data e.g. specifications, reports
- Preparing computer generated imagery
- Proactive team member providing feedback on your/company development
- Apply policies relating to health and safety, quality, and training.
- Site surveys and inspections
- Management of information in accordance with company procedures
Education and Professional Qualifications:
- Have a minimum of five A to C grade SQA standard grades including Maths, English and preferably a technical/design or an equivalent Higher qualification.
- Have a minimum of an SQA HNC in a relevant field
- Good communication skills, both written and oral
- Planning, organising and prioritising personal workload
- Ability to interact well with team members
- Able to act on own initiative
- High degree of software literacy
What we offer
- Competitive salary and benefits package including 25 days holidays, private medical insurance, life assurance and group income protection. In addition, we offer a comprehensive flexible benefits package including childcare vouchers, gym membership, dental insurance, cycle to work scheme, travel insurance, discounts in a vast range of restaurants and shops and many more!
- Excellent career growth and development opportunities
- Be part of a dynamic, expanding team within the UK
- A vibrant and inspiring culture, based on innovation and flexibility
As well as your C.V, please include a cover letter and provide the following information
- Why you think you would be a good fit for the role
- Your notice period in your current position (or if immediately available)
Please note that unfortunately we are not able to process incomplete applications.
You must have the right to work in the UK.
Ramboll UK is an equal opportunities employer.